Jim Grand purchased this "project boat" in 1989, and the 3-year restoration process went from 1990-1992. Originally built for Hiram Walker Distillery founder out of Windsor, it was transported via rail car from Kington to Gravenhurst Wharf in 1898. This boat has recently entered the Lee & Penny Anderson collection in Nisswa, Minnesota.
'Elizabeth J' features a large cabin, enclosed with a cedar cove & bead roof, pocket sliding windows, & curved glass windows on all corners. Inside, bench perimeter seating provides room for many guests, and a small head, and sink provide onboard relief, needed on extended excursions.
BUILDER: DAVIS DRYDOCK
Throughout the restoration process, all of the sides of the hull and many interior components were able to be saved. What could not be brought back to life was painstakingly duplicated. All of the original hardware was with the boat. 'Elizabeth J' features two-toned oak and mahogany decking, a canoe-stern transom, and cable and quadrant chain steering.